In the day to day life, Instructions can be understood as:
- an order/ command/ something that someone tells you to do:
- When I was a child I was given instructions not to open the door to strangers.
- The soldier received instructions to return to the base.
- I received an envelope from the authorities, with the instruction to open the letter immediately.
- An advice/ information about how to do or use something:
- The cooking book instructions say to fry it for two minutes on each side.
- I found the Safety Instructions Card on the back of the chair in front of me
- The doctor gave me instructions to take that pill only before going to bed.
- The act of teaching someone a particular subject/ skill:
- This video provides instruction on how to operate the computer.
- That course gives you the basic instruction in car repair.
In IT, Instructions mean a code that tells a computer how to do something: “Simple computer processors execute instructions one after the other.”